PVC decking is a 100% synthetic product with exceptional durability. Since PVC decking doesn't contain any wood it doesn't absorb moisture, so it never needs sanding, staining, or painting. PVC is one of the most expensive decking options, but the long life and very low maintenance requirements can make it the most economical decision in the long run.
PVC is an ideal decking product for waterfront locations, regions with high humidity or long-term wet weather seasons, such as the Lower Mainland, BC.
The PVC deck is barefoot-friendly. So, if you like to walk barefoot on hot summer days, choose PVC decking, which is up to 30° cooler than composite decking.
Advanced PVC Decking Pros:
1. 100% synthetic, mildew, moisture, and mold-resistant product.
2. 50-year stain and fade warranty on all advanced PVC boards.
3. Will not get as hot as wrapped composite decking products.
4. Lightweight, slip-resistant and fire-resistant (Class A Fire Rating).
5. Lower expansion and contraction than wrapped composites.
6. The most durable decking products on the market.
7. PVC decking is the second longest-lasting decking material after steel.
1. Higher priced than wrapped composite deck boards.
2. Not as rigid as wrapped composite deck boards in the hot summer season.
If you are ready to start your project and have questions about the deck-building process or decking options, don’t hesitate to contact us.